Still hanging out on this old site? Check out the new, improved Nocturnal Knits at its new location: http://www.nocturnalknits.com. Close [X]

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Peruvian Baby Sweater


My pseudo-stepsister is about to have a baby. In honor of this momentous occasion, I decided to knit her a cute little baby sweater. I knew the baby was going to be a girl, so pink was a viable color choice. Below see the finished product.

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

I used size 7 US circular needles and Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora yarn. That's a fabulous yarn, might I add. It's light like cotton but so soft.

I modeled the design off of Peruvian Chullo hats. I had a bunch of different types of designs charted out at the start, but I didn't know which ones I'd use. I basically picked the designs on the fly, but it seemed to work out in the end. I must say, it is pretty adorable. It's sized for a 3-month-old. My pseudo-stepsister lives in Seattle, and the baby will be 3 months in October, so it should come in handy. Not too warm, but snuggly enough.

Now I'm using the remnants to make an argyle hat. I'll post those pics when I'm done.

Yay knitting for babies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home