Still hanging out on this old site? Check out the new, improved Nocturnal Knits at its new location: http://www.nocturnalknits.com. Close [X]

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fake Isle Finally Finished

Hey, what are you still doing on this old site? Click here to check out this post on the new nocturnalknits.com

I love projects that just fly off the needles and still look like I slaved over them. Fake Isle is one of these projects. It looks much harder than it is, and it's a very quick knit. Case in point: I frogged my first Fake Isle on Monday, and it's now Wednesday afternoon and I have already finished my new, unseamed one. Have a look:

Fake Isle

This time I knit the larger size. It's still snug, so I'm glad I did. Another action shot:

One more Fake Isle

Here's a shot of the join and the color-jog:

Fake Isle stranding jog

I'm so glad I frogged and re-knit, because even though I still get the color-jog at the join it looks leaps and bounds better than the seam did.

Oh, and my brother got his hat today! I'll post a separate entry about his hat later on, when he's sent me more pictures.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:04 PM , Blogger Shanna said...

This is so cute! Will you teach me how to make one?? :)

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger iwriteplays said...

Of course I'll teach you! Can you teach me how to act? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home