Still hanging out on this old site? Check out the new, improved Nocturnal Knits at its new location: http://www.nocturnalknits.com. Close [X]

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Self-Striping Hats

Hey, what are you still doing on this old site? Click here to check out this post on the new nocturnalknits.com

I've become obsessed with self-striping yarn. It's so fun! Every new row I find myself in anxious anticipation, watching the colors change. It's neat. Here's a hat I made for myself out of one skein of Filatura DiCrosa's 127 Print yarn in color 41:

Self-Striping Yarn Hat - Top View

Self-Striping Yarn Hat

And I made three baby hats for the Caps to the Capital program out of Moda Dea Sassy Stripes:



(I made two more but haven't taken pictures of them yet.)

Now I'm back to knitting an entrelac baby blanket out of Patons SWS. I'm seriously addicted to self-striping yarn!

1 Comments:

At 6:45 PM , Blogger lupinbunny said...

about the noro entrelac: (haven't got hte hang of e-mailing replies to my comments yet :) )

i haven't blocked, because i'm lazy, but i do think it would look better. it'd even things out nicely and set the blocks. i wouldn't worry about losing much springiness, myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home