Still hanging out on this old site? Check out the new, improved Nocturnal Knits at its new location: http://www.nocturnalknits.com. Close [X]

Thursday, February 28, 2008

It will haunt your nightmares

Hey, what are you still doing on this old site? Click here to check out this post on the new nocturnalknits.com

How does one get out of a knitting funk? By knitting joke patterns, of course!

Scary Mask Finished

This is the famed adult balaclava pattern that has made such a splash on ye olde interweb.

I made this out of some spare Cascade 220 I had in my stash on size 8 needles. It only took a few days, and the results are just fabulous. Check out my friend Panda modeling:

But she looks so innocent!

I actually made this for my friend Mr. N, who is also owner of the eyepatch mentioned in the earlier posts.

Molly thinks I'm crazy for making the mask:

Molly and the mask

But I've found it's good for brainstorming:

Thinking mask

So, the official cure for the knitting blues: ridiculous vintage patterns! Take my word for it!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:05 AM , Blogger Steve said...

so awesome. So so awesome. I'd totally rob a bank with that thing.

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger shula said...

Never did I expect to see a balaclava even more scary than the original.

Sure did the rounds, that pattern.

Must find another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home