Still hanging out on this old site? Check out the new, improved Nocturnal Knits at its new location: http://www.nocturnalknits.com. Close [X]

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Moebius [sic] Basket/Bowl


I thought I had tried just about every knitting technique there was out there. But then I learned about Cat Bordhi's "Magical Knitting" technique, where you use a special cast on and wrapped circular needles to knit Möbius strips. She calles them "Moebius strips," hence the spelling in the title of this post.

I'm going to be a "knitster" again on the TV show "Knitty Gritty" and I'm going to be on a show about Moebius knitting. Because of this, they gave me two great sets of addi Turbo knitting needles, a whole bunch of 100% cashmere yarn (...ahhhhh....), and the Second Treasury of Magical Knitting book. I wanted to practice the new technique before using the beautiful cashmere, so I decided to try and make one of the felted Moebius baskets from the book. Here's how it turned out.

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

The felting was very easy - I did it in my washing machine and it took maybe 10 minutes. I used a bunch of left over 100% wool Lamb's Pride yarn.

Tomorrow I have to go film one of the "Knitty Gritty" shows (I'm going to be on at least 4 of them), so I have to get busy knitting that project. I'm probably going to play poker online and knit all night! :)

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM , Blogger Guy Stevos said...

hi laura, nice knitting! email me and tell me how you're doin...

- cousin steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home