Still hanging out on this old site? Check out the new, improved Nocturnal Knits at its new location: http://www.nocturnalknits.com. Close [X]

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's called procrastination

Hey, what are you still doing on this old site? Click here to check out this post on the new nocturnalknits.com

I have major procrastination issues. My knitting calls to me when I have some big deadline or a billion chores on my list. It says, "Laura! Laura! Knit me! You know you want to!"

"Knitting, you know I love you," I reply. "But I have other work to do."

"Fine, be that way." Knitting scoffs. "I'll just rot in this crappy H&M bag you've stuck me in, getting moldy and neglected, never to see the light of day."

"Don't be like that, knitting. It's not personal! It's not you, it's me!"

"It doesn't feel that way. I think you just don't like me anymore."

"Aw, knitting, don't say that."

We have these conversations all the time. The knitting usually wins.

Last night, my Felici in Arugula called my name. After an hour or so of false starts (I gave up on making my brother a double-knit hat after three separate cast-on attempts), I decided to go with an old stanby: Jaywalker.

I'm not much of a sock knitter. In fact, I've made two socks in my life, and they were both from different patterns. However, I recently found my size 0 needles in the closet, and I figured I could actually knit socks with sock yarn. Go figure.

So here is the birth of Jaywalker #1:

Birth of Jaywalker

I knit it while watching "Snakes on a Plane" free on demand. If I ever end up wearing these socks, it'll bring back memories of Samuel L. Jackson and dubious plot points.

The socks seems very intriguing and exciting to knit right now, but we'll see if I even pick it up after my deadline passes.

Here's the other big problem: I wear flip-flops for 90% of the year. It's one of the benefits of living in Southern California. Thus, I'm considering making them toe-less. I can call them my pedicure socks, even though I get a pedicure about once a year.

Anywho, that's my most recent story of procrastination. More exciting posts to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home