Still hanging out on this old site? Check out the new, improved Nocturnal Knits at its new location: http://www.nocturnalknits.com. Close [X]

Friday, May 19, 2006

Knitting Projects of Yore


Since I have nothing better to do, I'm going to post some pictures of older knitting projects I have completed.

Free Image Hosting

Toddler's summer dress. Bodice hand-knit from cashmere/cotton blend in "butterfly" stitch with a gathered cotton eyelet skirt sewn on. Original pattern inspired by a design by Melanie Falick. (Note: long-sleeve shirt not part of the pattern.)

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Wool baby sweater using fair-isle color-knitting technique. Knit from a pattern in "Knitting For Baby" by Melanie Falick.

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Acrylic baby sweater in stockinette stitch with wool remnant embroidery. Original design.

Free Image Hosting

Peruvian-style alpaca baby hat. Knit from a pattern I found in a small yarn store in New Zealand. Note the adorable baby modeling the hat.

Free Image Hosting

Free Image Hosting

Toddler's sweater using chunky wool in a ladder rib stitch with white mohair trim. Original design.

Free Image Hosting

Test swatch for the Isabella Fiore company. Inspired by Peruvian "Chullo" hats. Approximately 18" x 36". Isabella Fiore contracted me to knit this up, and it turned into this bag.

I can't say it's my favorite ever. I kind of agree with this person about it.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM , Blogger Superstitchious said...

wow! How do you get a job knitting? That would be my dream, i looove fair isle too! I dont mind the purse at all, but i like the busy stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home