Still hanging out on this old site? Check out the new, improved Nocturnal Knits at its new location: http://www.nocturnalknits.com. Close [X]

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ravelry and Jaywalker Mitts

Hey, what are you still doing on this old site? Click here to check out this post on the new nocturnalknits.com

Hey, what are you still doing on this old site? Click here to check out this post on the new nocturnalknits.com

Guess who finally got her Ravelry invite? This gal right here!

I'm registered as iwriteplays, so all you Ravelry folk should look me up! I'm working on getting my stash all squared away and listed, as well as gathering my WIPs together for pictures.

Also, I've been working on Mr. Jaywalker, but he's taken a bit of a turn:

Jaywalker Mitt, in progress

That's him in progress. Note that he's no longer a sock. In fact, he's now...

Jaywalker Mitt

...fingerless gloves! (Or mittens or whatever you want to call him.)

Seeing as I never wear socks, I think this is a good development. I also absolutely adore the Knit Picks Felici yarn I chose for the project. I just love watching the stripes develop. I also knit the mitts on size 0 needles because that's all I had in my drawer.

Mitt #2 is on his way...

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM , Blogger eka said...

I love it! I'd been thinking of doing the same thing and adapting the pattern. What did you do for the thumb gusset?

 
At 6:33 PM , Blogger garn og pinner og ... said...

Hello! I love your Jaywalker glove, It's a great idea to turn the sockpattern into a glove. The pattern is too nice to be only a sock... They have made gloves out of the Pomatomus, too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home