Still hanging out on this old site? Check out the new, improved Nocturnal Knits at its new location: http://www.nocturnalknits.com. Close [X]

Monday, January 26, 2009

Whirlwind

Hey, what are you still doing on this old site? Click here to check out this post on the new nocturnalknits.com

Whew! The past two weeks have been quite the whirlwind ride! After an idyllic, relaxing week in Mexico with the family, real life came back with a vengeance. I had a ridiculously busy week at work (both my day job and with freelance web work), and on top of that I had my first book signing at Unwind's anniversary party on January 15.

The party was a blast, and I met some really lovely fellow knitters.

What a scene

My Obama-rama (Ravelry)/(Pattern) and Armchair Revolutionary were on display.

My book got its own table right in the middle of the store.

I wrote those!

The next day, I flew off to Sundance for the weekend with my special gentleman friend.

Racquet Club

We had a great time, but trying to get into both 8am and midnight screenings does not lead to lots of sleep. I think it took me all week to recover from everything!

Snug

Molly's got the right idea.

On Friday, my aforementioned gentleman friend got stuck at work late, so instead of going out for drinks as planned, I stayed in and designed some fingerless mittens for my friend Danielle:

Danielle's Mittens

They're going to have a flap to cover the fingers so she can keep her hands warm in Chicago, but also have easy access to her iPhone. I'm winging this pattern, so we'll see how well they turn out!

2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM , Blogger sweetgeorgia said...

It was so nice to meet you at the Unwind party! I'm wishing you much luck with your new book!!

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awh, Laura, you're the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home