Still hanging out on this old site? Check out the new, improved Nocturnal Knits at its new location: http://www.nocturnalknits.com. Close [X]

Friday, February 13, 2009

Piper's Jacket - WIP

Hey, what are you still doing on this old site? Click here to check out this post on the new nocturnalknits.com

A friend of mine just had a baby. He and his wife named her Piper. So I'm making Piper a jacket:

Baby Sweater

I'm using a pattern by Debbie Bliss called (appropriately) "Ribbed Baby Jacket" and using some stash superwash wool I've had lying around for over a year. I think it's turning out very adorable, and it's super fast to knit. It's also enabled me to watch a lot of Battlestar Galactica, so I'm grateful for that. (I'm still not caught up, though, so don't tell me who the final cylon is!!!)

Buttonhole closeup

I just realized, though, that I think I placed the buttonhole too far down the front. I'm planning on creating an icord flower to substitute as a button. I figure it'll be cute, and it won't be a choking hazard for little Piper.

After this is done I'll have to finish Danielle's iPhone mittens, lest she freeze her fingers off in Chicago. Sorry, Dani—I swear I'll get those done, soon!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:31 PM , Blogger Erica Wu said...

super cute! I want to have a baby now so you will knit it a sweater :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home